torsdag 15 oktober 2009

The Ritual trap

The Ritual länk till recension.

”I’m a bit bummed that the tracks from Sonic Ritual’s debut 7" are also included on their new split 12" with Sanctuary in Blasphemy, especially since I shelled out big import money for both, but really, what can I do? The woes of the collector are more pathetic than sad and you gotta know it’s all part of the game. At least the a-side kicks more than enough ass to warrant revisiting... in fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if it shows up again if/when the band does a full-length. ”Take the edge off” has all the makings of an anthem: it's catchy, high-energy and easy to remember; it's got gang vocals on the chorus for singing along and it's got a ripping solo section. As I feel my love for regressive, dirtball punk/metal increasing, I could use a lot songs like this. Or more of this song I guess. That works, too.”

Inga kommentarer: